Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A short day

Our ride from Alamosa to Colorado City was only 167 miles. For most of the ride we were well below the speed limit simply because there was no need to hurry. The scenery began to return to what I would call average compared to what we have seen for the past 12 days. I suspect that it will continue this way based upon our planned Interstate 70 route back. (No more state and county roads).

We arrived in Colorado Springs around one o’clock yesterday. On our way to the motel we could see Pike’s Peak nearby. Upon checking the map we discovered that it was only 9 miles away. We pondered whether we should continue on to add it to our checklist of been there and done that. For some reason we felt that Pike’s Peak just didn’t seem to measure up (visually and road-wise) to what we have experienced on this trip. We decided to spend the afternoon at the pool.

I am off to the local dealer this morning to get my bike serviced before we head back home. A bit of sadness is starting to sit in and at the same time I’m anxious now to get back home. For me, this has been a trip that will stay etched in my mind forever. I just wish that I could have spent more time in some of the places we have visited.

No comments: